As a standard work on Railway Signalling and Interlocking, this book documents the principles and current situation of international signalling technology.
This 3rd edition of this work contains some fundamental extensions and the latest findings on the following topics:
• Innovations in train control systems (ETCS, CBTC, PTC)
• Improved descriptions for RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, Safety)
• Innovative methods for train detection and hazard alert systems
• Modern diagnostic solutions
• Innovations in electronic interlocking and communication networks
This book combines the knowledge and experience of more than 20 renowned international authors from universities and the railway industry. It offers practical help for railway signal technicians, operators and manufacturers as well as teachers, scientists and students at universities. It is also a useful source of reference for everyday work.
Bonus for free: The e-book-PDF of this book is available upon registration. Users of devices with a PDF reader (PC, tablet, smartphone) will have electronic access to all the terms and references through a search function.