Data protection statement
Thank you for your interest in our website. The protection of your privacy is very important to us. In the following we provide detailed information on what this entails with regard to data processing.
1. Name and contact information of the data controller
This data protection information applies to the processing of data by:
Controller: PMC Media House GmbH, represented by its Managing Partner, Detlev K. Suchanek, Werkstättenstr. 18, 51379 Leverkusen, Germany Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel.: +49 (40) 228679-500.
2. Processing of personal data and type, purpose, duration and legal basis
a. Storage of access data in server log files when visiting our website
You can visit the pages of our site without providing your personal information. We only save access data temporarily in server log files, such as e.g. the name of the requested file, date and time retrieved, data volume transferred and the requesting provider. This data is collected without action from you and is evaluated until it is automatic deleted for the following purposes and it cannot be used by us to identify you:
- ensuring that it is possible to smoothly establish a connection to the website,
- ensuring a good user experience on our website,
- evaluating system security and stability, and
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for the data processing is Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest is based on the data collection objectives listed above. We will never use the data collected for purposes of determine your personal identity.
b. Saving data for purchase orders in the online shop, setting up a customer account or for establishing contact by email or via the contact form.
We collect your personal data when you voluntarily share it with us in placing an order, when contacting us (e.g. using the contact form or by email) or when opening a customer account. Which data is collected can be seen by looking at the particular entry forms. We use the data shared by you for fulfilling the terms of a contract and for processing your inquiries.
The processing of data for purchase orders and for setting up a customer account is exclusively for the purposes of contract fulfilment listed in Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b) or in carrying out the precontractual measures that are necessary in responding to your inquiry.
Data processing for purposes of contacting us occurs in accordance with Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. a) GDPR based on the consent provided voluntarily in sending the contact form or an email, but also based on Article 6 (1) lit. f) GDPR, since we have a justified interest in processing the data of parties interested in our products, and data processing is also necessary in handling your inquiry.
After complete fulfilment of the contract or after deletion of your customer account, your data is locked for further use and will be deleted upon expiration of any tax-relevant and commercial storage periods provided you have not explicitly provided consent for further use of your data or we have reserved the right to additional use of the data that is legally valid and about which we inform you in the following.
You can delete your customer account at any time and can do so either by sending a message to the contact options below or using a designated function in the customer account.
c. Data storage when signing up for the email newsletter
If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will use the data this requires, or the data you provide to us separately, to send you our regular email newsletter. For this, however, we need your prior consent.
To receive the newsletter, we just need your email address.
The data processing for purposes of sending an emailnewsletter is performed in accordance with Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a) GDPR based on the consent provided voluntarily by sending the contact form or an email, but also based on Article 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR, since we have a justified interest in processing the data of parties interested in our products and data must also be processed in order to handle your inquiry.
You can unsubscribe from the newsletter any time either
by sending a message to email@example.com, via the subpage
https://www.pmcmedia.com/newsletter or using the provided link in the newsletter. We then delete your data immediately.
d. Use of data for email offers without newsletter sign-up and right of objection
If we obtain your email address in selling you a product and you do have not objected, we reserve the right to send you regular email offers on products that are similar to the ones already purchased.
You can object to this use of your email address at any time by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org or using a link provided in the promotional email at no charge other than the standard rates.
e. Use of data for promotional mail and your right of objection
We also reserve the right to store your first and last name, your mailing address and your title, academic title, your year of birth and your professional, industry or business name - when we have obtained this additional information in a contractual relationship with you - in compiled lists and to use them for our promotional purposes, e.g. to send you interesting offers and information on our products by standard mail.
You can object to the storage and use of your data for these purposes at any time by sending a message to the contacts described below.
3. Forwarding data for contract fulfilment
We only share your data with third parties when:
- you have provided your explicit consent as per Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR,
- this is legal and necessary under Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b GDPR for fulfilling the contractual relationship with you, especially to the shipping company that is contracted with the delivery, to the extent that this is necessary to deliver products ordered. Depending on which payment provider you select in the order process, we will provide the payment data obtained by us for processing payments to the bank handling the payment and if necessary to any payment processors that we have hired or to the selected payment provider. In some cases the selected payment service providers will collect this data themselves. if you have created an account there. In this case you must sign up with the payment service provider in the order process with your access data. To that extent, the Data Protection Statement of the specific payment provider is applicable.
- sharing as described under Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR for asserting, exercising or defending legal claims is necessary and there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding and legitimate interest in your data not being shared,
- in the event of a legal obligation to share data under Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c GDPR and
In these cookies, information is stored that is generated by the specific end device being used. This does not mean, however, that we can use that information to directly determine your identity.
We also use "session" cookies to determine whether you have already visited individual pages of our website. These are deleted automatically after you leave our site. But other cookies remain on your end device and allow us to recognise your browser the next time you visit (persistent cookies).
The data processed by cookies is necessary for the purposes named to protect our legitimate interests and third parties as described under Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser to prevent cookies being stored on your computer or to ensure that a message always appears before a new cookie is created. But complete deactivation of cookies may result in you not being able to enjoy the full functionality of our website.
5. Using of Google (Universal) Analytics for web analysis
This website uses Google (Universal) Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereafter "Google"). Google (Universal) Analytics uses methods that allow you to analyse usage patterns for your website, such as cookies, which are text files that are saved on your computer. The information generated on your use of this website is usually transferred to a server of Google in the USA and saved there. By activating IP anonymization on this website, the IP address will be truncated before transfer within the members states of the European Union or in other signatory states of the treaty covering the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. The anonymised IP address transferred from your browser with Google Analytics is not combined with other Google data.
You can prevent collection of data generated by cookies and related to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) at Google and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin that is available through the following link:
As an alternative to the browser plugin, you can click this link to stop Google Analytics from collecting data on this website. This will save an opt-out cookie on your end device. If you delete your cookies, you have to click the link again.
6. Displaying the Trusted Shops Trustbadge
To display our Trusted Shops quality seal and any evaluations that have been provided, as well as for offering Trusted Shops products for buyers after an order, the Trusted Shops Trustbadge is included on this website.
This allows us to serve our overriding legitimate interests in the optimal marketing of our products and services. The Trustbadge and the services thereby acquired are a product from Trusted Shops GmbH, Subbelrather Str. 15C, 50823 Cologne, Germany. When accessing the Trustbadge, the web server automatically saves a server log file, which e.g. contains your IP address, date and time of access, data volume transferred and the requesting provider (access data), and documents the access. This access data is not evaluated and is automatically overwritten no later than seven days after the page is visited.
Other personal data is only sent to Trusted Shops if you decide after completing an order to use Trusted Shops products or have already registered to use them. In this case the contractual agreement between you and Trusted Shops applies.
7. Evaluation reminder from Trusted Shops
When you have provided your explicit consent during or after your order by checking the box or clicking the designated button, we will send your email address for an order evaluation reminder to Trusted Shops GmbH, Subbelrather Str. 15c, 50823 Cologne, Germany (www.trustedshops.de) so that you receive a reminder to submit an order evaluation. This consent can be cancelled any time by sending a message to the contact option provided below or directly to Trusted Shops.
8. The rights of persons affected
You have the right:
- under Article 15 GDPR to request information on your personal data being processed by us. In particular, you can request information on the purposes of processing the data, the category of the personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data was or is being disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of any right to correction, deletion, or restrictions on its processing or a right of objection, the existence of a right to complain, the origin of your data if not obtained through us, and the existence of any automated decision-making, including profiling, and any significant information on its particular features;
- under Article 16 GDPR to request immediate correction of incorrect data or completion of incomplete personal data of yours that is stored with us;
- under Article 17 GDPR to request the deletion of your personal data stored with us where the processing is not necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to meet legal obligations, for reasons that are in the public interest or in asserting, exercising or defending legal claims;
- under Article 18 GDPR to request restrictions on the processing of your personal data, provided the correctness of data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful but you decline to delete it and we no longer need the data, but you need this data for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have submitted an objection to processing under Article 21 GDPR;
- under Article 20 GDPR to request that your personal data that you have provided us be provided to you in a structured, common and machine-readable format or that it be transmitted to another controller.
- under Article 7 para. 3 GDPR to cancel previously granted consent to us at any time. As a result, we cannot continue data processing that is based on this consent in the future and
- under Article 77 GDPR to lodge a complaint with a supervisory body. You can usually consult the supervisory authority in your usual residence or workplace, or to our law offices. An official supervisory body is:
Tel.: +49 6131 208-2449
Fax: +49 6131 208-2497
9. Right to object
When your personal data is being processed on the basis of legitimate interests under Article 6 para. 1 sentence 1 GDPR, you have the right under Article 21 GDPR to object to the processing of your personal data provided there are reasons arising from your particular circumstances or the objection pertains to direct mail. In the latter case you have a general right of objection that is implemented by us without stating particular circumstances.
To exercise your cancellation right or right of objection, just send an email to email@example.com
10. Data protection
During a website visit, we use the common SSL process (Secure Socket Layer) together with the highest available encryption level that is supported by your browser. This usually involves 256 bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256 bit encryption, we will use 128 bit v3 technology instead. You can determine whether encryption is being used to send an individual page of our website from the closed representation of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
Otherwise we use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data from accidental or intentional manipulation or complete loss, destruction or from unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are constantly being improved in light of current technological developments.
11. Current version and changes to this Data Privacy Statement
This Data Privacy Statement is currently in effect and is current as of May 2019.
For purposes of enhancing our website and products on it, or due to changing legal or regulatory requirements, it may be necessary to make changes to this Data Privacy Statement. The current Data Privacy Statement can be accessed at any time on the website at https://www.pmcmedia.com/datenschutz and printed out.