The second edition of Railway Ground Engineering has been completely reworked and extended. It provides comprehensive information on the essential relationships and dependencies between superstructure, substructure and subsoil subjected to the effects of the rail system. Major changes and additional information are included, such as
- the introduction of Eurocode 7 (EC 7) with the new partial safety concept for the design of railway geotechnical structures, & nbsp;
- the further development of the DB Ril 836 Directive,
- the newly developed demonstration of dynamic stability as part of the limit of usability,
- New developments in construction and process engineering,
- Changes to terms, definitions, and formula characters, and
- Newly developed calculation examples according to EC 7.
This manual is intended to be a practical reference book for everyone involved in the planning, design and construction of earthworks and other geotechnical structures, as well as a manual for low track maintenance . With the comprehensive presentation of the new partial safety concept in geotechnics, it is also a valuable aid for students and teachers at universities and technical colleges.